Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Perhaps My Eyes Were Too Big




A coworker of mine is incredibly diligent (a quality we really appreciate at work). Two years back, she showed me her goals for the upcoming year. It included some easy obstacles and some challenging, but none were too outlandish. She even wrote down that she planned to graduate with her master's degree - something that was pretty much in the bag at that point. "It's still a goal of mine for 2010, so I'm writing it down."

I'd often started years with resolutions which didn't last very long, but there was something appealing in her list and I gave it another go. To my surprise, I finished some significant goals and felt the list helping. Unsurprisingly, I didn't finish them all (the list can only do so much). As 2011 rolled around, I decided to write down some new ones.

I won't tell you all of them right here, but here's where my eyes were perhaps a little too big: I want to end 2011 having finished every CSLewis book I own. I counted all of the pages I have to read to get this done and, though I'll keep the number to myself, it's in the thousands and is closer to 10K than 1K.

I'm telling you this for a specific reason: I'm about to do a ton of blogging about CSLewis. A ton. Well, maybe a ton. There's something about Lewis in particular that makes me want to write and I thought about generating an entirely new blog about it. Instead, I'm just giving you a heads up. So, heads - it's coming.

Probably.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I love your writing, Kyle! Looking forward to your thoughts on the thousands of pages you read. :)

Kyle McManamy said...

Thanks, Jennie (puts down God in the Dock). I'm looking forward to it, too. Thanks for the words about my writing. If I keep this up, I'm hoping Lewis will make me better.